Life is too short to use an ugly pen
What makes this fountain pen so special?
- Handcrafted by the artisan in Donegal Ireland and locally sourced wood.
- Sleek gold components to match the aesthetic of the wood and fitted with a Bock nib.
- Personalized with a name to make a wonderful gift.
- Exclusively featured in House of Coco magazine.
- Also comes packaged in a wooden flip presentation box.
Bocote fountain pen
Bocote, like its close relative Ziricote, is a very beautiful wood with a unique appearance. The heartwood is an attractive yellowish-brown overlain with distinctive black lines giving the wood an active and striking figure. Subtle birdseye figures can appear and when quarter cut, bright ray flakes shimmer on the surface.
Up to six species are harvested and sold as Bocote, with Cordia elaeagnoides the most commonly seen by woodworkers. Botanical considerations aside, appearance and workability are the properties desired by craftspeople. Harvesting occurs mostly in Mexico and other countries of Central America. Some of the logging is done selectively with mules, which helps maintain a sustainable resource by avoiding clear-cutting.